Sunday, January 3, 2010

Top Movies of 2009 #10-6

Numbers 10-6 on my top 15 movies of 2009



10. Moon

Sam Rockwell gives one of his best acting performances to date. Moon is one of the most original movies made in 2009 and is a very enjoyable film.






9. Whatever Works

Put hilarious comedian Larry David in a Woody Allen movie and fireworks go off. Whatever works is a funny, down to earth film that delivers with a "Who cares?" attitude.





8. The Hangover

The best selling and funniest comedy of the year featuring a relatively unknown cast. Comedian Zach Galifianakis puts himself on the map for an actor to look for in 2010.






7. Up

Pixar delivers another great animated film. If the first fifteen minutes of the movie don't get you at least a little teary-eyed, you're not a real person.






6. Ponyo

Hayao Miyazaki delivers another beautiful and soothing animated film, proving that he is still the best director of animated movies today.

4 comments:

  1. I just added Moon and Ponyo to my queue. :-)I'm not sure about Whatever Works...NOT a big Woody Allen fan, sorry!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Just saw Whatever Works...thought I would hate it since I don't like Woody Allen...BUT, I really LOVED it! Guess I need to trust your taste in movies just a little bit more. :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Just saw UP and LOVED it too! Ok, you're 2 for 2. Moon arrives tomorrow. I'll let you know.
    :-)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Saw Moon last night...was good, but expected a bit more...of course, I watched it at 2 a.m. and was a bit tired...but still glad I watched it.

    ReplyDelete